Thoughts

:) Finally had some time! Next week should be fun... we're heading into some messianic prophecies... :)

Happy studying!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ruth Introduction


Ruth Introduction

- “Don't ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. Wherever you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord punish me severely if I allow anything but death to separate us!”

- What a statement... Can we say the same to our God?

- Chris Tomlin has a new song out that uses some of those lines.

- To abandon all to follow God... no matter where.

- The book of Ruth is about commitment... and love... and about God choosing to use people that wouldn't necessarily be seen as... perfect for the cause.

- Ruth was a Moabite. She wasn't an Israelite... and yet she became King David's grandmother... because her faith was strong and she committed herself to Naomi and to her God. God looked at Ruth and saw a committed and faithful heart.

- Just as God said that David was a man after His own heart... so I believe that Ruth was a woman after God's heart.

- When we look at the story of Ruth... can we apply this same story to our lives? Can we look at the life of this woman and make the same statement of faith? Will we follow God's leading even though circumstances look bleak at best?

- As we study the life of this woman of faith, I hope we can begin to see her faith reflected in our own lives... just as strong and as dedicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment